Oct 20, 2014
Pickens Plan Army:
In two weeks, on November 4, we’ll have the opportunity to vote – a right and a privilege that many have bled and died to protect.
As we move into the home stretch of this election, you may have the opportunity to meet candidates running for everything from City Council to Governor to U.S. Senate. Rather than just posing for a selfie, we can make certain that the winners – whoever they are – go back to work in January with energy on their minds.
We can do this by asking each candidate this series of questions:
1. Do you support the Pickens Plan to reduce our reliance on OPEC oil?
2. Do you know that 70 percent of the oil we import is used as our primary transportation fuel?
3. Do you favor recovering natural gas using modern, safe drilling techniques?
4. Are you aware that there are over 8 million heavy-duty trucks and fleet vehicles that can be easily switched from diesel to natural gas?
5. Would you favor a short-term, clearly defined program at the state level to help truckers and shippers move their fleets from diesel to natural gas?
6. America’s natural gas reserve base has expanded dramatically. There is now talk about exporting natural gas to Europe and Asia. Do you support this, or do you favor government spurring demand opportunities to take advantage of this cleaner, cheaper domestic resource here at home?
- BooneRead More