We’re celebrating six years of the Pickens Plan by continuing to refine and expand the principles we’ve been working toward. Because of your hard work, energy policy is an agenda item in a huge percentage of federal, state, and local campaigns leading up to the elections this November.
I have created a short video explaining the Five Pickens Principles of Energy. I’m asking you to watch it, and then send it along to anyone in your contact list with an interest in advancing the cause of energy security.
The Five Principles are:
1. Establish one agency with accountability and responsibility for Energy Policy in America.
2. Inject real fuel competition in our transportation system.
3. Cool down the rhetoric on exporting natural gas to Europe and Asia. Let’s use it to build our own economy.
4. Establish a North American Energy Alliance with two of our largest oil traders, Mexico and Canada.
5. Remember that energy does not operate in a free market.
We’re moving forward, and I’m thrilled you’re along for the journey. Soon we will give you opportunities to have your voice heard in this election cycle.