As we celebrate the 6th anniversary of the Pickens Plan, I’ve come up with a great way to summarize what we should focus on to ensure we continue to make progress in achieving the goal of greater energy security for our nation.
Remember, a key objective is eliminating once and for all the national security and economic threats posed by our dependence on OPEC oil.
I think it’s important to share these basic principles with you, so you can make your voice heard in the upcoming election. I call them “The Five Pickens Principles of Energy.”
The principles are:
1. Clear responsibility and accountability for energy decisions.
2. Inject real fuel competition into the transportation mix.
3. Meet our own energy needs before we worry about other countries.
4. Pursue a North American Energy Alliance.
5. Remember: Energy is not a free market.
Educating our political leaders at all levels is important, and I’m hoping you will be a part of that. To help with that, I need you to watch this video as I briefly explain each of the principles to CBS News.
If you’re with me on securing North America’s energy future, these Five Pickens Principles of Energy can help your family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors understand what we’ve been working so hard to accomplish. Please share this video with them.